Stephen Salerno Pty Ltd trading as Real Cosmetic Plastic Surgery (‘RCPS’, ‘we’, ‘us’,) wants you to be confident in the way your personal information is handled by us.
Accordingly, your personal information will be handled in a manner that is consistent with the requirements set out in the National Privacy Principles established by the Privacy Act 1988 or handled in accordance with any amendments made to those policy and legislative instruments.
This document explains our policy for dealing with personal information.
This policy applies to personal information we handle about patients, visitors to our website and other members of the public.
What is personal information
Personal information means any information or an opinion about you from which your identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained.
The collection of personal information by RCPS
We collect personal information from you to:
1. assist in our supply of services and products to you;
2. inform you of any updates to any services and products offered by us;
3. better manage your business relationship with us.
4. for all other matters that are ancillary to the above items.
The type of information collected from you includes your name, address, mobile and telephone numbers, facsimile number, email addresses, professional details, transaction and relevant medical information and specific information that you provide us with.
RCPS’s use of your personal information
We only hold, use and make disclosure of personal information about you for the purpose for which it was disclosed to us or related purposes, which would reasonably be expected without your permission.
We may disclose your personal information where we are under a legal duty to do so, including circumstances where we are under a lawful duty of care to disclose the information.
In some cases we may only disclose information with your consent.
RCPS does not intend to disclose your personal information to overseas recipients.
How RCPS collects and holds your personal information
Our collection of your personal information usually results from the personal information being directly provided from you to us. This may occur in a number of ways, such as when you make a request for our product or service over the telephone or the internet or it may occur when you personally attend our rooms.
It is possible for your personal information to be provided to us through your use of our website. The completion of forms on our website may allow us to collect your personal information.
Your personal information will be securely held on our electronic database.
Personal information may also be collected from third parties
Regardless of how we collect this information, we are obliged to take reasonable steps to ensure you are aware of why we are collecting the information, any laws requiring the collection, who we usually disclose it to and any consequences if we are not provided with the information.
Access to your personal information
Subject to certain exceptions imposed by the National Privacy Principles and subject to all legal requirements, you can gain access to the personal information we hold about you and at that time you can request that corrections be made to that information by outlining those corrections to us in writing when requested.
We may charge an access fee to cover the reasonable cost of retrieving the information and supplying it to you.
We will refuse access to your personal information if the provision of such access would interfere with the privacy rights of other persons or if it breaches any confidentiality that attaches to that personal information. If we deny or restrict your access, then an explanation will be provided.
If you wish to obtain your personal information, then you will need to contact us and at that time you will need to provide satisfactory proof of your identity before any such access will be permitted.
Security of personal information
We take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Resolving your concerns
In circumstances where you believe the privacy of your personal information has been compromised, please immediately contact us and provide us with all relevant details as to how the information has been compromised. You can make a complaint by contacting RCPS on +61 3 8609 8363 and asking for the Privacy Officer. We will respond to any such complaint as soon as possible.
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Real Cosmetic Plastic Surgery’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Real Cosmetic Plastic Surgery’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Real Cosmetic Plastic Surgery at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Real Cosmetic Plastic Surgery’s web site are provided “as is”. Real Cosmetic Plastic Surgery makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Real Cosmetic Plastic Surgery does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Real Cosmetic Plastic Surgery or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Real Cosmetic Plastic Surgery’s Internet site, even if Real Cosmetic Plastic Surgery or a Real Cosmetic Plastic Surgery authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Real Cosmetic Plastic Surgery’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Real Cosmetic Plastic Surgery does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Real Cosmetic Plastic Surgery may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Real Cosmetic Plastic Surgery does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Real Cosmetic Plastic Surgery has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Real Cosmetic Plastic Surgery of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Real Cosmetic Plastic Surgery’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Australia without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.